Last updated: April 2021.
If you are a Nevada Resident, California Resident, or a data subject in Europe, please see respectively the “Additional Disclosures for Nevada Residents,” “Additional Disclosures for California Residents,” and “Additional Disclosures for People in Europe” sections below. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights and choices, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section.
A. Information We Collect
In the course of operating the Sites, we will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
- Personal Information
We urge you to keep any password that you establish with us in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. We also encourage you to use a unique or different password for our websites. Also remember to log off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
- Billing Information.
- Transaction Information.
When Registered Users wish to subscribe to a Product or make a purchase through the Sites, they must provide us with certain information about the transaction they are seeking to execute. Such information is collectively called the “Transaction Information.”
- Other Information.
In addition to the information noted above, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us and other information that does not identify you personally.
- From Your Activity. Information that we automatically collect when you use the Sites and purchasing and subscribing to the Products, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device; browser type and language; referring and exit pages and URLs; date and time; amount of time spent on particular pages; what sections of the Site you visit; and similar data; and
- Information about your device, including the type of device; universally unique ID (“UUID”); advertising identifier (“IDFA”); MAC address; operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows); carrier and country location; hardware and processor information (e.g., storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled); network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE); and similar data.
- From Cookies. Information that we collect using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Sites and purchasing or subscribing to the Products. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you can generally turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. In addition, on many of our sites, you will have the option upon entering the site to allow or not allow cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Sites and Products may not function properly.
We use Google Analytics on our web sites to collect usage data, to analyze how users use the web sites and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
B. Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
C. Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
If you have registered with any of the Sites, you may access, review, and make changes to your Personal Information, Billing Information, and certain Other Information by following the instructions found on that Site. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Company marketing email. Registered Users cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to their account. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases.
D. How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information, the Transaction Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide our services and our Products; to process orders for products and services; to administer our rewards and promotional programs; to maintain and improve our Sites and Products; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners, and for any such other uses as may be allowed by applicable law.
We may also use and/or share Information as described below.
- Company will access, use, and share the Information as required to process your orders and provide support to you.
- In order to provide our services and administer any promotional or other programs, we may share the Information with third-party promotional and marketing partners, including, without limitation, businesses participating in our various programs.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, order fulfillment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our visitors, Registered Users, and our products and services, we may analyze Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Sites and the Products. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company or others.
E. How We Protect the Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Sites may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
F. International Transfer
It is important to note that the Sites and their servers are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any Information you provide to us including personal information will be transferred, processed, stored and used in the United States. Data protection laws in the US and other jurisdictions may be different than those in effect in your country of residence.
I. How to Contact Us
Sybersound Records, Inc.
P.O. BOX 6464
Malibu, CA 90264
J. Additional Disclosures for Nevada Residents.
Nevada law (NRS 603A.340) requires each business to establish a designated request address where Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us as at firstname.lastname@example.org.
K. California Residents
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with Company may choose to opt out of our sharing your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com.
L. Additional Disclosures for Data Subjects in Europe.
Data protection laws in Europe distinguish between organizations that process personal data for their own purposes (known as “controllers”) and organizations that process personal data on behalf of other organizations (known as “processors”).
Company acts as a controller with respect to personal data collected as you interact with our websites, emails, and advertisements.
- Lawful Basis for Processing.
Data protection laws in Europe require a “lawful basis” for processing personal data. Our lawful bases include where: (a) you have given consent to the processing for one or more specific purposes, either to us or to our service providers, partners; (b) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you; (c) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or (d) processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party, and your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms do not override those interests.
- Data Transfer.
If your data is collected in Europe, we will transfer your personal data subject to appropriate safeguards, such as Standard Contractual Clauses, or pursuant to applicable derogations such as your consent to data transfer or our need to transfer your data for purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you and providing you services.
- Your Data Subject Rights
If you are a data subject in Europe, you have the right to access, rectify, or erase any personal data we have collected about you. You also have the right to data portability and the right to restrict or object to our processing of personal data we have collected about you. In addition, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data (or provide it to third parties to process) for marketing purposes or purposes materially different than for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. You may withdraw your consent at any time for any data processing we do based on consent you have provided to us. Please allow us a reasonable time to respond to your inquiries and requests. You may exercise your rights by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond to your request within 30 days. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your requests. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions.
- Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data in a form that identifies you to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We may continue to retain and use information even after a data subject request for purposes of our legitimate interests, such as journalism, literature and art, scientific or historical research, statistical analysis, compliance with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, preventing fraud, and enforcing our agreements.
If you have a complaint about our use of your personal data or response to your requests regarding your personal data, you may submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns before you approach a data protection regulator, and would welcome you directing an inquiry first to us. To do so, please use the contact information located in the contact us section.